New Rishta for Shruti Seth

New Rishta for Shruti Seth

While ‘Rishta.com’ is wrapping up, Shruti Seth is stepping into a new ‘rishta’ as she is all set to tie the knot later this year. In a chat, the actress talks about the changing phase of her life and her upcoming film ‘Raajneeti’.

You are about to part ways with ‘Rishta.com’. How does it feel considering you’ve been attached to the show very closely?
Well, all I can say is that the last 26 episodes of the show are probably the best work I’ve done in my acting career. It’s sad that we are parting ways as the whole team has been working together for the last 10 months. The shooting is getting completed. Mine will get over first then it’s going to be Kavi Kiran’s portions. We all have got so used to seeing each other that it’s obliviously going to be quite difficult for us. At the same time we are happy that we have put a great show together and now it’s time to move ahead for better things. Also, a big thank you to Yash Raj for giving us such a big opportunity. I don’t think many actors get such an opportunity to act, especially on television.

We hear after the show gets over you will step into a new ‘rishta’ in real life as you are set to tie the knot?
It’s going to happen sometime end of this year. I’m very private about my personal life. I’m glad this year is going to be good for me not just for the exciting work opportunities but also because I’m tying the knot.

Will you continue acting after marriage?
Yes, absolutely.

Are you doing any other shows on television after ‘Rishta.com’?
Not at the moment. Post ‘Rishta’ I’m going to take a while to choose my next assignment. I would like to take a holiday. And then I’d like to get back to anchoring. It’s almost a year since I did that.

Any dream role?
I would like to do a negative role.

Tell us about your role in ‘Raajneeti’.
I have no liberty to talk about my character. All I can tell you is that it is an interesting character with grey shades.

Are you doing any more films?
Well, I’m in the process of signing a new film but I’ll give you the details once things are on paper.

0 comments: